Notices

Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #1
stephenchristina2002
Been Around The KMC a While

Boos: 0
Booed at 0 times in 0 posts
Default Vogelweh Temporary Lodging Facility

We are currently staying in the Vogelweh TLF during our transition out of the KMC. We did not stay here when we arrived so I wasn't sure of what to expect. I am very pleased with the facility. They are very clean and have friendly and helpful staff. Our room also has a fully stocked kitchen. The kitchen has silverware, plates, pots and pans, cutting boards, toaster, handmixer and everything you need to cook a meal. The only missing item I can think of is a corkscrew opener The laundry facilities are free of charge which was also another big plus. There are small items available for purchase such as detergent, bleach and fabric softener. I had my own items so I didn't take note of the prices. All in all, I am very impressed with the accommodations here. It has definitely made our stay more enjoyable during a time that can be so stressful.
stephenchristina2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Share on Facebook
The following user says Thank You to stephenchristina2002 for this post:
Sponsored Links - Register for ad-free browsing.

Old March 8th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #2
DakotaCowgirl
A Real KMC Pro

That is always good. I, personally, haven't stayed there. Anything to make the days a bit easier in a move is good.
DakotaCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share on Facebook
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #3
JOFTAA
Wandering Around The Net

Boos: 3
Booed at 8 times in 8 posts

I stayed there when my family PCS'd here. It was very nice. Clean rooms. Nice amenities. The only thing I think could be better is if they did not charge for local calls. DSN calls are free, but if you want to call for a pizza or something, you pay if you use the hotel phone. Remember, when PCSing in, people don't have a cell yet. This is very minor, so I would not use it as a consideration of staying at Vogelweh Inn or not. Overall, it is very good.

"Dames are put on this earth to weaken us, drain our energy, laugh at us when they see us naked." -Danny Vermin, Johnny Dangerously, 1984
JOFTAA is offline   Reply With Quote Share on Facebook
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:57 AM   #4
DakotaCowgirl
A Real KMC Pro

When we stayed at Ramstein TLF, we only could use the phone for certain prefixes. Many of the co-workers, we had to use the cell or calling card. It sucked too.
DakotaCowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote Share on Facebook
Old March 8th, 2011, 07:31 PM   #5
DcCow
A Real KMC Pro

We really don't want to stay on base - but a great suggestion for those who do. It seems a lot of the off base TLA places have free calls to the states which is great.
DcCow is offline   Reply With Quote Share on Facebook