|November 8th, 2010, 06:07 PM||#1|
Wandering Around The Net
Join Date: Mar 2010
Thanked 226 times in 213 posts
Booed at 7 times in 7 posts
Cooking time (approx.): 10 minutes
Style: Christmas Cookie Recipe
8 cup(s) plain flour
8 teaspoon(s) baking powder
a pinch of salt
½ cup(s) butter softened
½ cup(s) caster (granulated) sugar
½ teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
½ lemon(s) rind grated finely
1. Preheat the oven to 450oF (230oC).
2. Sift together the first three ingredients into a bowl.
3. Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract with an electric beater or a wooden spoon in another bowl till smooth and creamy. Gradually add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
4. Fold in the sifted flour with a large metal spoon gently. Stir in the grated lemon rind. Grease madeleine trays with butter and dust lightly with flour. Fill batter into the madeleine moulds. Let stand for about 8 minutes.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until done. Let cool. Store in an airtight container.
"Dames are put on this earth to weaken us, drain our energy, laugh at us when they see us naked." -Danny Vermin, Johnny Dangerously, 1984
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Topic: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Topic Tools||Search this Topic|
|Topic||Topic Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Christmas Dundee Cake||JOFTAA||Recipe Exchange||0||November 8th, 2010 06:07 PM|
|White Christmas Cookies||JOFTAA||Recipe Exchange||0||November 8th, 2010 06:06 PM|
|Christmas Gingerbread||JOFTAA||Recipe Exchange||0||November 8th, 2010 06:06 PM|
|Traditional Umbrian Christmas Soup||JOFTAA||Recipe Exchange||0||September 27th, 2010 05:13 PM|
|Local Christmas Market List||JOFTAA||Places to visit||4||September 13th, 2010 03:51 PM|