|October 8th, 2010, 09:45 PM||#1|
Connect to Facebook with EverythingKMC!
We are taking Facebook integration one step further by giving you the option to link your Facebook profile to your EverythingKMC account.
Why should I link my Facebook profile to my EverythingKMC account?
- You will automatically be logged in to EverythingKMC each time you visit without having to enter your username or password (as long as you are logged in to Facebook);
- You can easily invite your Facebook friends to join EverythingKMC;
- Your EverythingKMC avatar is automatically synchronized with your Facebook profile picture, so that you don't have to upload it separately to our site;
- You can choose to automatically post a story to your wall when you post a topic or reply on our site;
- The more people who choose to link their accounts, the easier it will be to make new Facebook friends!
To get started, please make sure you are logged in to Facebook. Next, go to My Personal Settings, and click on Facebook Bridge -> Options (at the bottom of the left column on the page). Click the "Connect with Facebook" button, and after you allow EverythingKMC permission to access your information, click "Save Changes." You may see additional permission popups after you click "Save Changes." We recommend that you choose Allow for every permission request that pops up. And that's all! If you wish you can change your preferences with regard to the amount of activity you would like to share with Facebook. Don't forget to click "Save Changes" again after you make any changes.
By default, the following sharing options are turned on:
- Post a short story to your Facebook wall when you post a new thread at EverythingKMC;
- Receive a notification on Facebook when someone posts a reply to a topic you have subscribed to;
- Receive a notification on Facebook when you receive a new Private Message at EverythingKMC;
- Receive a notification on Facebook when you receive a new Visitor Message at EverythingKMC;
- Receive a notification on Facebook when someone rates one of your threads at EverythingKMC.
So now what do I do?
1) Invite your Facebook friends! - Now that you have connected your Facebook profile to your EverythingKMC account, you can easily invite your Facebook friends to join us. To select the friends you would like to invite, go to the bottom of the My Personal Settings page and click on Facebook Bridge -> Invite Friends .
2) Share when you post!- Each time you post a new topic or reply to an existing topic, you will see a checkbox below the message box where you can choose to have a short story automatically posted to your Facebook profile:
Of course you can always uncheck this box if you don't want a message to be posted to your wall.
3) Share any topic with your Facebook friends! - In addition to sharing a story on your wall, you can also share any topic of interest by clicking the button at the bottom right corner of every post. Note that this button will only show up on topics in public forums.
Happy sharing! If you have any questions about this new Facebook integration, please don't hesitate to reply to this topic
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Topic: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Topic Tools||Search this Topic|